Disclosure Policy for Product Reviews & Recommendations
AFFILIATE LINK POLICY
The Federal Trade Commission requires that I disclose any relationship I have between a product manufacturer or service provider when I tell you about a product or service.
Here are the policies I follow at dreamandcotravel.com:
- Most of the times when I mention a product in a column, newsletter or video, I do it as a part of my job. I invest my own time to review, research and test products. If I’m ever paid to do a review, it will be clearly annotated at the end of the review.
- I WILL ONLY DO PAID REVIEWS FOR PRODUCTS I BELIEVE IN.
- I will state if I didn’t pay for the products I test.
- I don’t return the products (physical ) after I test them. In certain cases, the product is used up or destroyed. In other cases, the product may get damaged during the testing. I do not have the staff or the resources to process the return of the products.
- If I create a link to a product in a review, sometimes I may get paid a commission if you purchase the product or service. I’ll disclose that in the review. If you don’t see that disclosure, that means I’m not getting paid any commission.
- If you click a link from one of my columns or newsletters and it delivers you to a website selling that product (e.g. Amazon.com, etc.), you can assume I get a small commission from that website should you buy.
It’s important for you as a consumer to understand the relationship between a person reviewing the product and the manufacturer or service provider. If you don’t see a disclosure policy as part of a review of a product, that reviewer may be violating the law or at the very least the Code of Ethics.
Founder – Dream & Co. Travel Consultants